Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Honey Boo Boo Child


Many times I shake my head in despair at the downfall of humanity, and I wonder; why wont people help make this world a better place? Then I grab my beer, scroll through my recorded tv shows, and put on Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.

I know it's wrong. I realize that I am part of the problem. I just cannot help myself. Each episode has shocked and amazed me. I knew there were people in this world that were uneducated, gross and outrageous; I just didn't know to what extent
.

Now, to give myself some credit, my plan was to avoid watching the show all together, but a dear friend that I respect, and who also loves the morbid as much as I do, recommended the show to me.

The first episode I saw was the episode where Mama's neck crust debuted. The family was shopping and Pumpkin found a product in the store that can remove rust, so she went to her mom and said it could remove the crust from her neck.


Then they showed a close up of Mama's neck crust. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I was blown away, yet, I was also laughing. Little did I know, neck crust is a minor thing compared to Mama's forklift foot.

Mama has an old forklift injury on her foot, it was ran over by a forklift. She wears a sock on it all the time, even while swimming, and also while making love to Sugar Bear (her babies daddy).


The one time she showed of the forklift foot, was when her and the girls went to a water park to reward them for gaining weight while on a diet. when I looked up pictures of her foot, there was some pretty gross images. I don't want to subject you guys nor myself to that so I will post a moderately gross pic.


The toenail is ugly,  but that isn't what makes her foot so disgusting...when she pulled the musty sock off her foot, gnats started buzzing around. I swear, when I saw it, I could have sworn that the gnats crawled out from under and around the nail. It  was one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen. 

That is, until I saw the episode where Mama made her famous sketti sauce...


...which seems to be equal parts butter and ketchup, or catsup (i didn't catch the brand they used). To me, this seems sooo disgusting, but then again, the way they were chomping this stuff down, and the fact that it is so terribly unhealthy, it leads me to believe that it probably is pretty tasty. Still, I am proud to say that I can guarantee that I will not try that concoction. I'll stick to store bought, preservative filled Prego, thank you very much.

Those are the main things of the show that appalled me, but there are so many other small things that make it worth watching. The world is going to hell in a handbasket anyways, might as well watch Honey Boo Boo and her family, what else are you gonna do? Read?














1 comment:

  1. isn't it kind of tough, writing a blog and posting it, and then you never really know if anyone's read it of if it's just out there, somewhere, in the cyberverse, all alone? of course, sites like tumblr give you a visitor count; maybe blogspot does, too, but that could mean anything. so, just in case you've ever wondered: hi! i'm here. i read you. and while i've never managed to actually watch this show myself, i have occasionally thought of it with the same sense of morbid fascination. just wanted you to know.

    ReplyDelete