Tuesday, February 14, 2012

love is a many splendid thing!


it's valentine's day people! and for some wacky reason, i am just giddy with love!!! all day on facebook i have been posting love videos, songs, simpsons clips! and if my boyfriend doesn't have flowers for me this evening heads will roll!! just kidding.


i usually have a charlie brown view of this holiday. the "woe is me, nobody loves me" kind of mentality. that's even when i am in a relationship. but i am assuming the fact that i only had an hour or too of sleep might have made me punch drunk enough to be in love with love for the day.


but yes, sometimes valentine's day can be a cold, heartless bitch. 
there is a chuck palahniuk quote that i like to share on this day:

 “The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.”
Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters

i pretty much feel that is true. everyone has "the one that got away" even if they are very happy in the relationship they currently have, there is usually always someone they want more; same goes for their spouse.


that's one of the reasons i relate to woody allen flicks so much. in most of his movies, the characters are happy in a relationship until they end up meeting someone who they just have to have. i've been there, and if you have never been in that kind of predicament i fill sorry for you. it's excruciating, exciting, and damn near unbearable. it's all quite fun.
 
 
 but i have always enjoyed having crushes on people. even more so than actually having them like me back. i have never been too fearful of rejection because to me, the crush was so much fun it made me ambivalent on whether they shared my feelings or not.



  
having sex dreams about the one you want is awesome. makes you hate to wake up doesn't it? but when you do, it seems you like that person even more.
we gotta be self sufficient right? if you don't have a valentine, get yourself a present. i made my boyfriend give my presents to me early so you know what i did? i bought me an awesome willie nelson shirt to wear at his concert i will be attending march 9th, 2012! 


happiness is key in life, if you can't get it from yourself, good luck getting it from someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment