Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Everytime Disney fails, an angel gets its wings.


I truly hate the Disney company. They are evil. I love when they fail. It makes me so happy to know that John Carter failed. Not because i have anything against that specific movie, or the books it was based on. Actually, from all of the commercials i have seen for John Carter, i don't recall any mention of the A Princess of Mars series. Perhaps if they would have explained the movie was based on a series of books, people would have showed a little more interest. The impression i got from the movie trailers i had seen, acted as if i was already supposed to know who John Carter was, and I should be excited that the story has been made into a film. Maybe if it were a more popular series of books that kind of marketing would have worked.


What really chaps my ass about Disney is their "Vault". Talk about a bunch of creeps, they release their classics once every ten years so that there will be a demand and they can charge the highest dvd/blu ray prices. I think it's pretty fucked up. That's why i have refused to buy any of the classics that i love. I realize that one person rebelling against "the man" doesn't really make a difference, but it makes me feel good to know I am not buying into their greed.

I do the same thing with Walmart. Although I do not really have extra money lying around, I try to shop anywhere but Walmart. The reason being, they are not good to their employees. Also, i have a lot of family members in Unions and Walmart basically stole the Unions slogan (live better, work union), to rub it in their face that they refuse to go Union and treat their employees better, and the public doesn't care. 
They just want cheap prices no matter the societal cost. 


When the subject of me not going to Walmart or being vegetarian comes up, my mom tells me: "One person taking a stand isn't going to change anything, so why do it?"

What encouraging words of wisdom. I love my family. I am the black sheep i suppose. It's odd. Many people consider me to be wild, a little on the crazy side, but when it comes to my family, I am the goody two shoes they all make fun of. My cousin considers me the Lisa Simpson of our family, I am not as righteous as she is, but compared to the neanderthals that raised me, I am close.
I feel, you should not "do what the Romans do". If you believe in something, no matter how futile is seems, take a stand. At least it will help you sleep better at night knowing that although no one seems to care, you have the courage of your convictions.  






No comments:

Post a Comment